Kristen Bryant-Thinking In A Lala College Sweatshirt
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

In times like these, it’s difficult to determine how to go about coping with the loss of control. While social media is encouraging us to use this time to find ourselves and embrace the break from working, it’s hard to internalize. I find myself asking, what happens if I don’t stay positive? Do I have to embrace this loss of control? 

Perhaps it may be beneficial to explore all possible ways of coping. What if I decide to acknowledge this overwhelming loss of control? Maybe it’s not as bad as it seems. 

Sometimes it can be helpful to acknowledge the negatives of reality. Taking a moment to validate your negative feelings can actually become something empowering. Being able to say “I Am” is the first step of growth. Being able to acknowledge what you’re truly feeling in a situation, whether good or bad, is a step towards coping. By taking control of acknowledging your feelings first, you can then work on how to cope. 

It’s important to remember that dealing with new situations that are out of our control takes time and steps. So, what happens if I don’t want to be positive? I will have to acknowledge that yes, I’m afraid about what’s happening. But this acknowledgment can help me become less afraid because at least I know that I can control my own emotional growth for the better.

Hey, I'm Sarah!╭☞( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)╭☞
Wells Womxn