This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wells chapter.

For me, 2020 as started with Fleetwood Mac’s Landslide on repeat. Change is something that I’m still learning how to accept, and find myself struggling when things do change. 

The thing that scares me about change is that we don’t always expect it, so we can’t always plan it or know how it’s going to end up. I’m learning that that’s okay.

I’m not who I was a year ago, and I am not who I will be a year from now. Knowing that scares me, but on the flip side, I am comforted knowing that I’m growing into who I need to be and will end up exactly where I need to.  

I have learned that change, while uncomfortable, usually happens for the better. I have left the things that weren’t good for me behind, I have outgrown phases of my life, and I am becoming.

I have held closely onto the things that felt good, never wanting to let go. But just like leaving the things that were bad for us, the good things change too. And that’s okay.

Yes, I have been afraid of changing, as I’ve built my life around things that are no longer me.

But time makes you bolder, and I’m learning to be okay with the changes and phases that my life is bringing me.

I’m getting older too, and as I grow older, I’m picking up the pieces and putting them together to build myself.

In the times where I’m not ready to change, I’ll always turn to you, Fleetwood Mac. Remind me where I am, where I’ve come from, and where I will go.

Kaylen, a Campus Correspondent for HC at Wells, is a senior at Wells College studying Women's and Gender Studies and Psychology.  "Like Ivy, we grew where there was room for us"-Miranda July