danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HC Spring Survival Kit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

Even though spring break has already passed that doesn’t mean you can’t prepare for an awesome summer! The Her Campus Spring Survival Kit is full of goodies that is great for sun, sand and warm weather. Soon those textbooks will be put away, you’ll be saying goodbye to the library and heading home for some much needed R&R. We’ve got some perfect lounge reads and HC goodies to give away to help our warriors have an amazing summer break! These HC-approved must-haves could be yours – follow us on twitter @HCWaterloo and keep an eye out for a giveaway tweet!! HC also made The Ultimate Spring Break To-Do List, full of fun ideas for you and your friends – and guess what, it’s great for summer too!

The Dirty Rush book by Taylor Bell is an inside look into soroities; the good and the bad of them (including parties, boys and the girls themselves!).  This is perfect to bring on a long flight home or to save for a backyard read! The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn is also perfect for these occasions. John Lago is a successful hit man in NYC and struggles to complete his assignment with the distraction of Alice (a sexy FBI agent). The HC goodies are great for a day at the beach with sunglasses and koozies to keep your eyes protected and your drinks cold. 

We’d like to thank these amazing brands for their generosity to help us have the best break ever!

Who: Her Campus Brand Website: www.hercampus.com/book What: Koozies, Sunglasses, Pens

Why Spring Break Depends On It: Her Campus has totally got your back with these awesome spring break must-haves! In fact, we’ve really got your back with the exclusive pre-release of our new book! The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life has everything you and every pre-collegiette needs to know about mastering college, and having a total blast! 

Who: Simon & Schuster Brand Website: http://bit.ly/1Ja2qQr What: Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell

Why Spring Break Depends On It: Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster is committed to serving readers and dedicated to publishing a wide variety of must-read books. Their newest spring-break  Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell is what happens when you take the creative minds behind Babe Walker (author of the New York Times bestselling White Girl Problems series) and add Rebecca Martinson to the mix. Rebecca Martinson—yes, that bitch—the former Delta Gamma sister responsible for the scathing, expletive-filled email that verbally assaulted her entire chapter. Get that towel out and get ready for one engaging beach read!

What: The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn Brand Website: http://www.shanekuhn.com/

Why Spring Break Depends On It: At the ripe old age of almost twenty-five, John Lago is already New York City’s most successful hit man. He’s also an intern at a prestigious Manhattan law firm, clocking eighty hours a week getting coffee, answering phones, and doing all the grunt work actual employees are too lazy to do. He was hired to assas­sinate one of the firm’s heavily guarded partners. His internship provides the perfect cover, enabling him to gather intel and gain access to pull off a clean, untraceable hit.

Part confessional, part DIY manual, The Intern’s Handbook chronicles John’s final assignment, a twisted thrill ride in which he is pitted against the toughest—and sexiest—adversary he’s ever faced: Alice, an FBI agent assigned to take down the same law partner he’s been assigned to kill. Have we mentioned that it’s about to be a major motion picture hit starring Dave Franco?! You’re welcome.

I'm a fourth year student at the University of Waterloo currently enrolled in the Global Business & Digital Arts program. I have a passion for UX, social media, writing, marketing and networking!