This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waterloo chapter.

If hell week isn’t already upon you then it’s just around the corner. Here are 7 tips I’ve discovered to help you ace those midterms!

1. Plan ahead and be organized.

For all you unorganized folks: make sure you know when your midterms are well in advance. There are many ways to stay organized including using a planner/agenda or writing down the dates of your midterms on a calendar.

2. Set a specific time for when you’re going to study – and stick to it!

If you’re like me, then you’re guilty of procrastinating. A lot. However, I’ve learned that by devoting at least an hour or two a day to the subject you’re studying and not deviating from your plan to study really helps. Especially if you start doing this early on.

3. Find a study spot and guard it with your life.

The library and any other spots you can think of fill up very quickly during midterm season. If you are capable of studying at home and not procrastinating, then props to you. However, if you think you won’t be able to resist watching Netflix then you better stake out a spot at the library or a café as soon as possible.

4. Study with a partner!

Studying with a friend can really help you, especially if you are in the same program. Talking about what you find difficult and/or teaching your friend what they find confusing is very beneficial. Just make sure that your study partner is as committed to getting work done as you are or you might not get much done.

5. Get a good sleep the night before.

This is really important! I know it’s tempting to stay up late or pull an all-nighter trying to prepare for the midterm, but the truth is: you’re doing more harm than good. When you’re tired and stay up late to study, it’s harder for your brain to retain information. So staying up those extra hours isn’t helping you much anyway.  

6. Eat a good breakfast.

I’m guilty of skipping breakfast from time to time, but make sure you have a good breakfast the morning of your midterm. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” so eat up!  

7. Know where your midterm is!!!

The last thing you want to do is go to the wrong room and be late once you finally figure out which room you were supposed to go to.

Good luck on your midterms!

Currently enrolled in the fourth year of Global Business and Digital Arts at the University of Waterloo. Lover of the outdoors, photography, art, reading, travelling and creating online content! Ig: daniellekpark    
University of Waterloo Honours French and Business 2019, Her Campus Waterloo Campus Correspondent, Social Media Guru, Tech enthusiast.  Fluent in emoji, HTML and CSS. Avid reader of Refinery 29, Buzzfeed, Mashable & Tech Crunch. Follow on twitter @jena_tweets