free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Don’t Wait to Start Pursuing Your Dream

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Discover yourself and work toward your goals

This past week was the start of my internship at T-Mobile as a TechX Software Engineer. From the glorious space on the fourth floor of the T-Mobile Tuesday team, where I am working, to meeting the friendly team I will be working with for the next nine months, I was already loving it.

From the vibes of the company cultures, I knew that this would be a new beginning to a once in a lifetime experience journey of learning, networking, and growing. I am ready to work hard & change my perspective this year in terms of aligning my goals to what matters. Despite all the stress from school, extracurricular, and other commitments, it is most important to work on yourself & focus on your goals. Always try not to get caught up with comparing yourself to others but just focus on yourself and how much you have progressed.

Looking back, it is important to evaluate yourself as a human being continuing to progress and learn. I hope that this internship experience will really help me to determine my interests in technology and what I am determined to specialize in especially as my college years roll by. I highly encourage students to get yourself out there and attend events to learn about opportunities such as these to just get exploration on the discipline you would like to further go into.

College is the opportunity to explore—don’t let these years roll by without personal growth. Sometimes stepping out of your bubble can really help you discover just what you want to do. 

Hello! My name is Christin Lin and I am an undergraduate sophomore studying computer science at the University of Washington Seattle. I am very interested in improving my writing skills and expressing my thoughts & opinions through the form of writing. Additionally, I am very excited to get involved with the UW Her Campus Organization & I hope that my stories can reach out to a diverse range of people in the world!