6 Things to do After the Quarter is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Finals have finally come to an end. After weeks of studying, now you’re free for… well, 2 weeks. Over the two weeks, here are some things you should do after the quarter is over.

#1. Get some sleep. According to the research done by Brown University, at least 11 % of students report good sleep and on the other hand, 73 percent of students were found to have sleep problems. Take this time to get into the habit of waking up at 8 and sleeping before midnight.

#2. Clean up. Clean your bed, clean your desk, clean your cabinets and bathrooms. You want to keep it nice and fresh for the new quarter. If you live in a dorm and you’re planning to leave for the break, make sure to clean up your space, the bathrooms, take the trash out and take all the plugs out of its outlet before you leave.

#3. Sell your text books. You spend a lot of money buying those textbooks. It’s time to get some of it back by selling it to people who need your books! Use that money to buy new textbooks for the next quarter!

#4. Throw away papers you don’t need anymore. All those papers that professors gave you that are useless should be going into the recycling bin. Organize all the papers you need in the future into folders separated by the different subjects. If you need to look back for review, it’s all in one place.

#5. Catch up with your friends. College life is busy and spending time with friends and just hanging out can be a hard thing when you have so many things to do. Take this time to have fun and go crazy with your friends. This can be stress relieving and a ton of fun!

#6. Last but not least, don’t forget to relax and enjoy the time off. Take things easy