5 Ways I Changed Up My Lifestyle & Got My Life Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.
  1. 1)  Working Out – Working out or doing at least one thing to keep your body active during the day is so important not only physically, but also mentally! I tend to go to the gym for an hour every morning so that it gives me energy throughout the day and makes me feel like I had a productive start to the day!

2. 2)  Journaling and meditation Albeit I don’t do this very often, I have noticed that journaling, whenever I can, makes me feel so much more calm and relaxed. Just jotting down a few things that I’m grateful for helps put everything into perspective and makes me feel less anxious during the day.

3. 3)  Food habits Incorporating fruits, vegetables and lots of protein into your diet is extremely important and I have noticed a huge change in my energy levels and skin texture after doing so. Water truly is a godsend and the best change I have made in my life is drinking 3 litres a day.

4. 4)  Planning and setting goals I am usually a huge planner, and love setting to do lists for the day and getting them done. It helps you stay organised and less overwhelmed and whenever you write down the things you want to get done during the day, you put more effort into completing them and hence end up being more productive.

5. 5)  Taking time off The most important thing for a balanced life, mentally, emotionally and physically is taking time off. Watching a netflix show, baking, music, taking naps or anything else under the sun that makes you feel like you’re taking a break is key to a healthy lifestyle!

Hi my name is Shreya! I am a sophomore at WashU majoring in microbiology and health management!
breakfast & poetry enthusiast