books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

‘Shatter Me’ Book 4 Cover Reveal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

For those of you who are fans of Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me series and have been following Mafi on social media, you may already know that the earth-shatteringly amazing trilogy is turning into a series! If this is news to you, take the time to have a freak out and gather yourself again because there is even more news!

Last week, Mafi teased her followers with an announcement about an incoming cover reveal and accompanying excerpt. Of course, waiting for a week to get a taste of the new adventures to come felt more like waiting for an entire month. Thankfully, the time for waiting is over and the cover for the fourth installment, Restore Me, is finally here! Check it out!

Image courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Oh boy, this is really happening. I have a feeling this one is going to hurt me just as bad as the other books. The beautiful cover art, carrying on with the same style as the past three books, is sure to be covered with little hints about the drama and emotional rollercoaster that’s about to go down on each page. Here are some things that I’ve noticed:

• The eye color is different (more turquoise than the usual cobalt blue)
  • The eyelashes are feathers! Not the usual variations of trees and foliage! Why??
  • The silhouette of the flying bird is still reflected in the eye
  • The title is Restore Me but there is some crumbling happening along the lower lashes
  • Is it just me or are there a lot more birds than usual on this cover?

I have my own suspicions about what these little details could mean, but I think I’ll save that investigation for another day and another post. What do you think these things could mean? Do they mean anything at all?

If your soul is prepared for even more, check out this little snippet from Restore Me shared by Entertainment Weekly!

Although I have my own issues with how the trilogy left off (which you will have known if you have read my past articles), I’m excited for the next installment and ready to give it a chance. March cannot come fast enough!

Thanks for reading! 

Liberal Arts student obsessed with books, music, movies and all things creative. American, Japanese, and an honorary Canadian.