books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Tahereh Mafi’s ‘Shatter Me’ trilogy…continues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

You read right! The Shatter Me trilogy by the phenomenal Tahereh Mafi has turned into a series! About a week ago, Mafi made the shocking reveal on Instagram, announcing that Juliette’s adventure would continue in the next THREE books that she has coming our way.

No joke, seeing this announcement had me shook and put me on an emotional rollercoaster. Anyone who knows a lot about my reading adventures (particularly my poor sister) has heard me rant ceaselessly about the Shatter Me trilogy and how it left my soul in tatters. I won’t spoil anything in hopes that you will read the books yourselves, but let’s just say that I was heavily invested in one particular character and had all my hopes and dream for this character blown to bits by the end. Shout out to Tahereh Mafi for playing with my emotions.

Image courtesy of The Fandom

Regardless of my distaste for what I thought was the end of the Shatter Me storyline, I’m 100% on-board with the release of three more delicious books and can’t wait to see what twists and turns the story will take. Will Juliette and Warner truly have a happily ever after? What of my dear Adam? Will the whole gang be able to pick up the pieces and rebuild their world?

Book #4 of the Shatter Me series, Restore Me, is set to hit shelves on March 6th, 2018 so hold on to your hats and prepare for what I predict will be another wild ride!

Thanks for reading! :)

Liberal Arts student obsessed with books, music, movies and all things creative. American, Japanese, and an honorary Canadian.