bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Being sick in college can be the worst. No mom or dad to take care of you, school work piles up before your eyes, and you’re stuck in a tiny dorm room. But you will survive! Here is a list of sick day essentials that will get you through any sick day and help you start feeling better. 

1. Clean Sheets.

If you can muster up the energy, take the sheets off of your bed and put a fresh set on. It will feel so good to snuggle up under a clean set of sheets and get some much-needed sleep.

2. Your Phone.

This one is self-explanatory, but you will want your phone near you to call home. Talking to your mom, dad, or sibling will make you feel a lot better, and they’ll probably have some useful tips.

3. DoorDash.

DoorDash will be your best friend when hunger strikes. If you don’t have enough energy to head to the dining hall or you’re too sick to be seen by the rest of the school, having food delivered to your door is the perfect solution.

4. A Water Bottle.

Staying hydrated is essential when you are sick. Keeping an insulated water bottle by your bed to sip on will make you feel refreshed, and it will help speed up your recovery.

5. A Friend.

Having a friend to check in on you now and then helps way more than you might think. If you run out of Advil, need food, or need someone to take you to the health center, your friends are there for you. 

6. Vitamin C.

Vitamin C is helpful even when you’re not sick. It will boost your immune system and prevent your health from declining. You can get Vitamin C in a powder to mix with water, or you can go with my personal favorite, Vitamin C in gummies.

Emma Nelson

Wake Forest '22

My name is Emma and I am a sophomore at Wake Forest University from Northern California. I enjoy exercising, dancing, writing, and making playlists on Spotify. :)
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.