Wellness

Three Things To Do When You’re Stressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

If you’re anything like me, your brain is probably going into overdrive right now. Final exams are just around the corner. Quizzes and projects are piling up, and you can barely find the motivation to go to class because the weather is just too nice. This can be a stressful combination, if you let it. So, what should you do to avoid feeling overwhelmed?

journal

The best way to keep your thoughts from getting jumbled is to write them down. Journaling has become one of my favorite ways to unwind; with the ability to write down any and everything, my thoughts have never been clearer. I write down all the emotions surrounding the events going on in my life, and it makes them easier to process. Do poorly on a test? Write it down. Spilled coffee on your pants? Write it down. Nothing is too big or too small.

watch your favorite show

There’s nothing better than sitting down to watch your favorite series after a long day. Personally, I like to rewatch old favorites. Sit me in front of Gossip Girl, and all my worries seem to melt away. Something about watching a show so messy makes all of my problems seem small.

victorious christmas?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Nickolodeon / Netflix
have a self-care day

Put your favorite pair of PJs on, a face mask and relax. Whether it be for 30 minutes or three hours, take some time for yourself. A stressed brain cannot function the way it needs to. You have to take time to rest before you can worry about everything else you need to tackle.

If you’re too tired to study, you’re going to be too tired to perform well on your test. So, this is your friendly reminder to take care of yourself this finals season. Good luck.

Leah Copeland

Virginia Tech '24

Leah is a senior at Virginia Tech. She is studying Political Science and English with a minor in Women and Gender Studies.