The Ultimate Dorm Room Exercise Programs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

For the days you’re on a time crunch or simply don’t feel like leaving your room to work out. 

Cardio: 

15 Minute Kickboxing for Weight Loss 

Kickboxing is a great way to change up your regular cardio routine and requires no equipment. It’s a great way to blow off some steam after a long, stressful day of classes. Be advised though, your arms will be VERY sore after your first try as it wakes up some muscles you don’t use that often. 

32 Minute Home Cardio Workout – Calorie Blasting Cardio Training

Although the view out of this girl’s window is probably way better than your view of the quad, you can still get an intense workout just using a yoga mat. 

15 Minute Insanity Cardio Workout Exercises

This workout is composed of two- 7.5 minute rounds so it’s great for building into your schedule whether you only make it through half or decide to repeat to form a full 45 minute session. It uses weights but they can easily be substituted with water bottles or whatever you have handy. It really gets your heart rate up so you break a sweat pretty fast as the calories burn away!

Target Areas:

30-Minute Selena Gomez Workout For Flat Abs and Toned Legs 

This one will definitely make your muscles shake but will be well worth it come swimsuit season. Instead of just targeting one area, it combines strengthening and toning exercises for both your core and your legs.

5-Minute Flat Belly Ab Workout

This workout is only 5 minutes so its a great addition to a cardio workout if you want to give your abs a little more attention. You can also turn it into a full workout on it’s own by repeating it 3-4 times. You’ll need to use a weight for it, but this can easily be substituted with anything, even a can of hairspray. 

Arm Fat Blaster – POP Pilates for Beginners

This is another great add-on to your cardio to tone your arms. By not using weights, you can be sure this won’t bulk your muscles as it takes a pilates twist. 

For when you don’t want to work out at all:

12 Minute Under The Weather Workout – Full Length Exercise Video for Working Out While Sick

If college life has pretty much ruined your immune system as it has to mine, then this can come in handy during one of your many colds. It can be so difficult to get motivated to workout when you are sick so this video at least gets you moving without you needing to leave your room. 

Happy exersizing!