Project Yoga Richmond: Yoga For All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Project Yoga Richmond is a nonprofit organization that strives to increase access of yoga to the community. PYR is a renovated studio that aims to provide access to yoga to as many people as they can. The studio embraces a donation-based enrollment that is designed to “unroll the mat” for someone else. PYR also adopts a welcoming aura of positivity and focuses on inclusion, making accommodation their number one priority.

The PYR team is dedicated to making yoga as accessible as possible to as many people they reach. Without money being an object, and with their yoga sessions spanning throughout the week to cater to people’s schedules. Classes are held by various instructors and include sessions such as Freedom Yoga; which assists any and every one interested in yoga, Love Your Body; yoga aiming to empower women, Mindful Meditation and many more.

Taking advantage of these diverse sessions will improve your mood and brighten your day. PYR’s devoted instructors ensure that each class satisfies the needs of everyone in attendance, and there is no pressure enforced to follow the instructions given during class. Yoga is about personal experience, and PYR is guaranteed to have the session fit your needs and it is exactly what you’ve been looking for to relax your body and mind. Below are some of the upcoming events taking place at Project Yoga Richmond during the holiday season. 

Upcoming PYR Events:

Love Your Body Yoga, Dec. 10, 12:30 -1:30 p.m. (and offered every Sunday starting in Jan.)

Acro Yoga, Dec. 10, 2 – 4:30 p.m. (no experience required)

Christmas Eve Session, Dec. 24, 9:30 – 11 a.m.

New Years Eve Session, Dec. 31, 9:30 – 11 a.m.

January Workshops: (sign up in advance)

Gentle Chair Yoga for Limited Mobility, Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.

Kundalini Workshop: Habits of Resilience, Jan. 20, 2 – 5 p.m.

Chakra Workshop, Jan. 21, 2 – 4:30 p.m.

Attend one of these events or any of Project Yoga Richmond’s regular classes! It’s time to relax your mind, body and soul.

Photo Credits: Cover Image, 1, 2

Taylor is a junior at VCU majoring in English and caffeinated beverages. She likes reading books and writing short fiction as well as marathoning terrible reality television shows.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!