Tasty Breakfast Options to Make When You’re Bored

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

They say a great breakfast it’s a sign of a great day and breakfast is even called in many cases the most important meal of the day. But often many of us rushing to get to class or get to work skip breakfast or have something insufficient. This can prove to be dangerous as breakfast as the name pertains “breaks the fast” often around 8 hours in which you were sleeping. So not having breakfast would extend that period and can often result in low energy levels, headaches, obviously hunger, and lack of good attentive ability. All of which can directly impact how you move through the workplace and operate on exams and taking notes.

I for one used to hate breakfast. I know it sounds a little crazy, but the only breakfast I used to have as a child with cereal and I love cereal. Sadly, after my dad decided to get rid of all milk/dairy products in the house cereal was no longer an option and I was forced with the one alternative that everyone thinks breakfast should be: eggs. Overall I found it very hard to make a decision for breakfast in a world filled with only egg options. Eventually, I gave up on breakfast altogether. In this article, I’ll give you plenty of different breakfast alternatives that are tasty and delicious even including some with eggs because they’ve started to grow on me lately.

Number One: Eggs

Eggs
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

You might find me a little crazy because I just finished talking about how much I hate eggs and how nasty they are. But I came to the deduction of my own volition that and this is a theory, maybe no one really hates eggs they just hate the versions that they’ve been given. I say this because they are over 100 ways and varieties to make eggs whether that is scrambled, sunnyside up, boiled, Scotch egg, poached, deviled, in quiche variety, etc… There are so many different ways to cook an egg and so many different varieties you can add to said egg. So most likely, when you argue and say that you don’t like eggs you might just not like how they’ve been presented to you. Looking at myself, for example, I only like eggs when they have syrup on them. I know it sounds a little weird but that’s how I like to eat my eggs and if I were to eat eggs regularly with nothing on them I wouldn’t like them at all that very well might be the case for you. 

Number Two: Pancakes or Waffles

Pancakes
Christin Urso / Spoon

I won’t ask you to debate in the comments which is better because to me they’re the same thing just in different presentations. But pancakes and waffles are household names in the Breakfast community. What better to start your morning off than with something hot, fresh, crisp, and full of varieties. You can have so many different kinds of pancakes and waffles from chocolate chip, banana, peanut butter, to blueberry. I’ve never met someone in my entire life that didn’t like pancakes. Often we don’t take the time to make a pancake because we can view it as tedious, but there are so many quick alternative options that you can do that for example buying box varieties where you only add water to dramatically speed up the process.

Number Three: Oatmeal

Oatmeal
Christin Urso / Spoon

I’m not particularly the biggest fan of oatmeal, but I know a lot of people are and I think oatmeal is a great choice because of the options we talked about today it does provide a healthier alternative. Also, like pancakes and waffles oatmeal has many varieties you can add to them and different versions that you can buy from cherry, strawberry, blueberry, and different cuts of oatmeal. Oatmeal’s also a great breakfast option because it can be quick to make especially if you prep it the night before.

Number Four: The Breakfast Sandwich

Photo by Angele J from Pexels

The breakfast sandwich Is one of the most popular forms of breakfast that most people want to eat. So I invite you to just take the time and learn how to make a breakfast sandwich instead of wasting time, money, and effort driving to McDonald’s or whatever restaurant to buy some breakfast sandwich. Because they’re not very hard to make and if you make it yourself you can get a much larger portion of food for the fraction of the price.

Number Five: The Meats

Bacon
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

The meats aren’t particularly a singular breakfast item but various meats are small things people don’t think of adding to their breakfast. Meats like bacon, steak, ground beef, and even sausage become great little Easter eggs to add to your breakfast to give a much more hearty feel and let us not forget tasty.

Number Six: The Smoothie

fruit smoothie in glass with metal straw
Photo by Element5 Digital from Pexels

I feel like the smoothie is a very much so underrated breakfast item with unending potential. Mostly because depending on what you put in your smoothie depends on how filling or tasty it is, so watch out for that fact. A smoothie opens your options and provides a lot of the nutrients that you need to get anyway, but first thing in the morning. You can put anything in this movie from fruits to vegetables to spices. Overall I think that’s movies are the most versatile thing on this list

Hello, my names Yetunde Oluwadare (pronounced Yeah-tune-day) I am 18 years old and a freshman at VSU. I love to paint, draw, and cook in my free time and I'm also a psychology major.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.