How to Style These Looks for Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Homecoming festivities are quickly approaching and like most girls, you’re probably super concerned about what you’re going to wear for some of the events that weekend. You only get so many chances to really dress up and go all out, so you want to do it, right! You probably already have most of these items in your closet, but even if you don’t, you may be wondering what are some ways you can spice it up or what to pair it with. Here are a few suggestions!

Jumpsuits

Whether you prefer pant jumpsuits or short jumpsuits, they’re a great look that you can dress up with the right shoes or accessories. Not to mention they’re a great combination of classy and sassy. Jumpsuits look great with heels, flashy jewelry and some even go great with blazers. Keep in mind that the style of the jumpsuit you are thinking about wearing determines what you will wear with it. For instance, strapless pan jumpsuits go great with blazers. A long sleeve jumpsuit, on the other hand, wouldn’t look too right with a blazer. Since collared jumpsuits are already busy around the neck, you’ll want to dress this look up with a watch and bracelets, whereas you’ll want to dress up a strapless jumpsuit with a cute, chunky necklace. 

Blazers

The right blazer can take the most simple outfit from plain to super cute and chic really quickly and with so little effort! Blazers can be paired with anything from a cami or v neck with high-waist distressed jeans or even a cami and pencil skirt if you’re feeling a bit fancy. My personal favorite is a black or white cami (depending on the color of your blazer) paired with a pair of acid wash high-waist jeans, a pair of black or tan pumps, and the blazer of your choice. This look says, “I don’t want to be too dressy, but I do want to look a little chic.” This look is a great way of combining dressy with casual.   

Pencil Skirts

Pencil skirts are great for two reasons: they’re very stylish right now and they’re great for showing off all of your curves! You can match a pencil skirt with just about anything, depending on which look you’re going for. If you’re going for more of a business casual look, pencil skirts go great with cotton or chiffon button-ups. If you’re going for more of a casual look, you can pair your pencil skirt with a chiffon-button up or even a crop top. Both loose and tight-fitted crop tops go very well with pencil skirts. One of my favorite pencil skirt outfits is a matching solid colored skirt and tight fitted top (it can be a crop top as well) with a long, trench-coat styled blazer, either patterned or solid colored. With this look, you’ll be sure to turn heads!

Leather Jacket

If you’re not particularly “girly,” no worries–there’s a bit of something for every type of girl! As if a leather jacket wasn’t enough of a must-have already, it’s even better for the girls going for more of a tomboy look. Leather jackets go really well with boyfriend jeans paired with a cute pair of heels or even some cute booties! The leather material instantly adds dressiness to whatever you’re wearing. You can even bold and go all black! Black leather jackets look amazing with distressed black jeans, black tank, and black booties. The glossy leather material takes away the dullness of a plain all black outfit. Leather jackets instantly give you that “bad girl” look!

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.