Coming Down From the Spring Break High

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Ahhh, the point in the semester that we college kids love and adore–SPRING BREAK! Don’t get me wrong, college students are thankful for any and every break, but this one seems to call for taking an actual vacation. Even if you’re limited to a one day get-away, finding time for rest and relaxation is a must at this particular time. For some reason (that I choose not to question), this break seems perfectly timed every year. Whether “Operation Spring Break Bod” was a success or not, the warm weather wear is coming out and neglecting academic responsibilities seems a little more acceptable than usual. 

Some people choose to do absolutely nothing with this week out of school, which can honestly be just as much fun as a big adventure with friends. While others are living it up in paradise and creating epic Snapchat stories. It really just boils down to who you ask and what their preferences are. Regardless, all Spring Break Lovers have one thing in common: the feeling of disgust when it comes to an end. There are no comparisons adequate enough for the pain that Sunday before the Monday back from SB brings. On the Thursday of your week off, you’ll find yourself thinking, “where did the week go?” Although it never makes us feel better, we’ll spend some time thinking about how much time we wasted sleeping or…not sleeping and looking at our bank accounts longing for our funds to be replinished. And by the time Saturday morning approaches, feelings of sadness have probably set in.

As much as it hurts to pack everything up and head back to work/school, there’s nothing like reflecting on the highlights of those glorious professor-free days! There are a lot of students who think this a good time to switch on Cruise Control until Final’s Week comes along; but we’re only a month and some change away from an even longer vacay! While you’re collecting your thoughts and getting yourself togther in the weeks following SB 2016, remember to stay motivated and hydrated. Taking a few shots and skipping class seems appealing now, but we all know that college waits for no one. So put on your productivity pants and grab your sanity; after all, breaks wouldn’t be necessary if work weren’t being done!

HCXO!

Nia Lewis

Valdosta

My name is Nia which means purpose in Swahili and I am currently finding it and trying to live up to it. I'm a senior at Valdosta State University, my major is Communication Disorders--translation: I am an aspiring Speech-Language Pathologist. Nothing makes me happier than the people I love, affection, a good book, a blank journal, and the beach. I'm sure I left a few things off of the list, but you get the point.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.