going braless
going braless
HCM Design
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Are you struggling to find the right products for your time of the month? Are you tired of having to throw away what once was a great pair of underwear? I’ve got a solution for you. 

The struggles of dealing with the week-long experience of periods aren’t new and neither is struggling to find what works for you. Growing up, we were given between one or two options of what to do when the time came: tampon or pads. Years later and it is time to say enough is enough. Out with the old and in with the new. Unless you are good with the old, then that is good too. 

Tampons
Kristine Mahan / Spoon

Thinx

Not comfortable with putting something inside you and tired of the discomfort of pads? Thinx is the perfect brand for you. Thinx leak proof underwear come in a variety of styles including briefs, boyshorts, hipsters, even thongs (yes ladies, you can wear thongs on your period). Thinx also comes in organic cotton. The brand also provides leotards and shorts for when you’re feeling active.  

Diva Cup 

No waste here. Tampons regularly hold up to eight hours then must be changed to avoid Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS), luckily the diva cup can hold up to 12 hours depending on the person’s flow. The cup is also cost-efficient, reusable and safe for your body. The company also has a cleanser made to clean the cup. 

Flex

Flex is a menstrual disc product that is inexpensive and waste-free, and it even reduces cramps. It is a great alternative to tampons. The disc can also last up to 12 hours. Bonus with this product, you can enjoy mess-free period sex. The company sends up to 8 discs (depending on your flow) to your door each month just for $12.99 a month.

Health Vagina Sex Periods Std Feminism
Molly Longest / Her Campus

HCXO!

Jasmin Small

Valdosta '23

Hey ladies!! I am a student Valdosta State University. (Class of 2023 WHOOP WHOOP) I major in journalism and minor in mass media. I'm a pretty fun person to be around (at least I hope that I am).
Her Campus at Valdosta State.