bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Ways To Maintain Glowing Skin During Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Goodbye Winter, hello Spring! If you suffer from skin issues like acne or uneven skin tone, you may need to change up your beauty regimens this spring. Warmer weather can affect how our skin looks and feels. Here are some tips on restoring that natural glow: 

1. Antioxidant Rich Foods

One of the most important factors in maintaining beautiful skin is what you eat! Believe it or not, what you eat has a big affect on what your skin looks like. Anti-oxidant rich foods such as blueberries, cranberries, cherries, carrots, Brazil nuts, broccoli, and raisins are great for your skin (and you too!). These foods can help keep skin look more plump and elastic! 

2. Exercising

We all know that exercising is one of the easiest ways to keep a healthy, toned body, but did you know it’s also a good way to achieve glowing skin? Sweating regularly can increase circulation, which will give you a natural glow. Whether you enjoy high intensity cardio or yoga, making exercising apart of your weekly regimen can help maintain beautiful skin. 

3. Exfoliating

Winter sometimes leaves our skin looking very dull and flaky. Exfoliating can help you get back your radiant skin. Exfoliating a few times a week gets rid of dead skin cells that causes dullness. Exfoliating also helps to keep your complexion fresh and invigorated. To help assist you in exfoliating, you can purchase a body brush or face/body loofah, along with an exfoliating body scrub. 

4. Cleansing

Cleansing is probably the most important way to get clean, glowing skin. Cleansing thoroughly morning and night can help get your skin in the best condition. Cleansing in the morning helps to get rid of the toxins and impurities accumulated the night before. Cleansing at night helps to get rid sweat, dirt, and makeup accumulated throughout the day. While cleansing be sure you don’t use a cleanser than contains too many harsh chemicals; this can strip your skin of moisture. Also, be sure to check which kind of cleanser suits you specifically for the spring: rich/creamy, foaming gel, etc. 

5. Moisturize 

Keeping your skin hydrated and nourished is very essential. Moisturizers can help your skin from being extremely dry. Also be sure to apply sunscreen whenever you plan to be outside for long periods of time. You can also get moisturizers that contain SPF to kill two birds with one stone!

6. Drink water

One of my personal favorites to maintaining glowing skin is water. I’m sure we can all agree that water has many benefits to our body, as well as our skin. Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin hydrated which prevents dry, wrinkly skin. You can also drink warm water with lemon. Vitamin C contained in lemon helps rejuvenate skin from within your body, as well as kills some types of bacteria that is known to cause acne. 

HCXO!

Pre-Nursing major at Valdosta State University. Free spirited.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.