jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Youtube Channels You Should Subscribe To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Ok so lately I’ve been in a rut. It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of pop culture and unrealistic expectations, and this is exactly what happened to me. I felt like I just needed to take a break from most of my social media applications. I still, however, decided to explore youtube during my hiatus. I specifically wanted to watch videos that would inspire me (or just gave me a good laugh). I looked through my notifications list, and as I  watched all these different videos from these diverse channels, my soul seemed a little happier. I thought, “Well hell, if it can do this for me then I should share it with someone else.” And so here I am bringing you some really awesome youtube channels to check out.

Pysch2go

I’m a total nerd for psychology, so this channel is everything that I need in life. They talk about a multitude of different subjects ranging from 10 Myths About Psychopaths Debunked to 8 Tips For Dealing With Suicidal Thoughts. Whenever I want to know some interesting facts or self-help tips, I always look to this channel.

DamonandJo

Damon and Jo are my go-to when I think about traveling. I’ve always said to myself “I don’t want to be someone who just talks about exploring the world, I want to make it happen.” They show you how to travel like a pro; where to go, things to do when you get there, and they even have videos on how to speak in different languages. 

Inked

In case you haven’t seen me in person, I’m covered in tattoos. I consider myself an enthusiast and this is my favorite tattoo channel; you can see the art and simultaneously bust a gut. They interview famous tattoo artist on their craziest client stories and so much more. 

Jazmin Gonzales 

I’m not very good at staying fit and healthy so as a reminder to get some exercise every now and again I watch Jazmin Gonzales. She gives workout advice, meal prep ideas, and even some fashion and beauty tutorials. 

SweetPotatoSoul

This channel holds a special place in my heart. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m not the healthiest person, but Jenné Claiborne assist me with my biggest struggle. Finding healthy meals that actually taste good. Her channel consist of loads of vegan meals and that look and taste amazing. She even has her own cookbook called Sweet Potato Soul

If you decide to look these channels up I can only hope that they give you the positive energy that they give me. 

–  HCXO!

Viola Davis

Valdosta '20

"What is done in love is done well" -Vincent Van Gogh "This section is supposed to be a small portion about me and I feel like this quote from Van Gogh describes me to a t." Viola is a very loving person/artist, sensitive, and passionate about everything she does. Viola is an introverted soul trying something different, and wanting to share her interest with you. She's all over the place and tends to be a bit unorthodox but you'll enjoy it. Viola is an Art Education Major with a minor in Psychology. Her dream is to work in New York as an art therapist for children with special needs.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.