samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips For Surving Fall Crash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Thigh high boots, dark lippies, and pumpkin spice shit. We all love fall, and rightfully so —it’s truly an amazing season. But there’s usually this thing that fall brings with it. Some call it laziness, I like to call it the “Fall Crash”. That 8am you were waking up an hour early and get cute for? You’ve barely been to this week. Those discussion posts you were completing a week before the due date? You’re just finishing at 11:59 the night of. (It’s due at 12am. CLOSE ONE!)

Basically, the Fall Crash is when we start slacking a little (or a lot) but don’t worry, I have 5 tips on how to survive the Fall Crash. And I’m going to share them with you, because I like you.

1. Put Your Alarm Far Far Away

If you (like myself) use your phone as your alarm then I’m sure you struggle with hearing it go off and immediately pressing snooze. An easy way to fix that problem is by putting your phone on the other side of the room –that way by the time you reach it, you’re pretty much awake. And you can get to your 8am on time, and possibly even put on something other than sweatpants!

2. The “Reminder” App

This has worked wonders for me every single Fall Crash. Throughout the day, whenever I’m given a new assignment or reminded of the assignment I forgot about, I go to my Reminders or Notes app and type it in really quick. Then I set an alert for the day I want to do it. This works so much better for me than using the planner I stopped looking at after the second week of classes.

3. Sleep

Sis, you may think those overnighters are working, but they’re probably not. Just go to bed. Nothing works better than a well-rested mind. Going to that midterm test with only two hours of sleep is a pretty bad idea. Start studying a week or so earlier, and get a good sleep night before the test. It’s good for your emotional health —and your grade.

4. Change Scenery

Studying in the library is a great idea, but it can get kind of boring and I’ve found myself spending most of my time in the library posting snapchat pictures of the work I’m supposed to be doing. Try going to sit at the park, Starbucks, or in the student area on your campus. Changing the scenery can really help you get your work done. I promise.

5. Don’t Over Do It

This is the season where we have so much going on – midterms, papers, etc. We can find ourselves cramped in our rooms for days at a time. Reacting like vampires when we finally come out for sunlight. Overworking yourself is the worst thing to do during this time though. Go to those yoga classes. Meet your friends for lunch. Go to a football game or two. Over doing it can negatively affect your grades just as much as not doing anything can.

And those are my tips! I hope they work for you, or inspire you to create some tips of your own!

Good luck!

XOXO

Markesia

Markesia Barron is a senior at Valdosta State University. She majors in Middle Grades Education concentrated in Language Arts and Reading. After graduation, she plans to become a middle school Language Arts teacher in the Metro Atlanta area. Markesia enjoys writing, reading, super-hero movies, and meditating outside. She's a big Beyonce fan and self-care enthusiast.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.