4 Inexpensive Fall Dates in Valdosta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The temperatres are finally dropping and it’s beginning to feel a lot like fall in Valdosta. What better way to celebrate the season than by taking full advantage of the fall themed dates. Whether you’re going on a date with your signifcant other, someone you just started seeing or even with friends—here are some date ideas that you don’t require you to travel far for or break the bank:

1. Raisin’ Cane

3350 Newsome Rd., Valdosta, GA 31606

Fall Activity Hours: September 30th – November 5th

Fridays 2:00 PM – 7:00PM 

Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 7:00PM 

For those that like the great outdoors, this may be the place for you. Fall activities are back and include: field mazes, visiting farm animals and hay rides. You can even check out the pumpkin patch to find the perfect parking for carving! Admission is $10 and includes activities. For more information, you can visit their site here.

2. Cinema 

133 N Patterson St, Valdosta, Georgia 31601

If you love movies but are tired of the standarad movie theater experience, then take a trip to Cinema. This single screen movie theater located downtown has a variety of movies this month. You can watch a movie, grab some food and then enjoy the scenery of downtown Valdosta. Some showings are even free, can’t beat that! To keep up with future showings, check out and like their Facebook page.

3. Valdosta Mall Fall Carnival

1700 Norman Drive in Valdosta, GA 31601

October 20th-31st

The annual Valdosta Mall Fall Carnival is in town! You may have seen it while driving to or past the mall. The carnival is tons of fun and has a plenty of rides to make it an eventful night. So, get ready to have some fun and enjoy your favoirte fair food. Ticket prices are inexpensive, click here for a full price list.

4. Haunted Trail

1300 Sustella Ave.  Valdosta, GA 31698

Each year VSU’s Campus Recreation hosts the Haunted Trail on their Challenge Course. Make a date out of it and check it out for a good scare. Entry is $5 and you can visit their site to find out about their discount nights.

Try one or even all of these dates this season and have some fun! HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk