ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Tips for Surviving Summer School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Summer is a time of fun in the sun and long nights! For some of us, summer includes working and studying. For some college students summer classes are a necessary evil. While it might be stressful there are ways to maximize your summer freedoms while maintaining great grades.

1. Time Management

It is super important to make a schedule for yourself while taking summer classes. You have to make time for studying, friends, and sometimes work. Staying organized during the summer will definitely keep you on top of your studies. However, if you only make time for you classes and work you will become extremely stressed out, so make sure you have time for fun. On the other hand if you make too much time for your friends and parties you will easily fall behind in class. So find a happy medium in order to have the best of both worlds!

2. Stay Healthy

Drinking lots of water and eating fruits will take away lots of stress. It is so easy to go to your favotite fast food restaurant instead of cooking for yourself. By trying to maintain a balanced diet you will keep yourself energized. Drinking water will keep you hydrated and help maintain beautiful healthy skin. The last thing you need to worry about during exams is that pimple that popped up. 

3. Don’t Overwork Yourself

Many of us have part time jobs and with so much free time during the summer we accept longer hours. It is great to work and save money, but if you are taking summer classes it is super important to know your limits. Do not ask for extra hours if you know you should be studying. When giving your summer availability schedule to your supervisor try to leave some hours or days free so you will definitely have time to study.

The key to passing this summer is managing your time very wisely. Give yourself time for your studies and for some fun with your friends. Make the best out of your summer!

HCXO!

Toni Miles is a Mass Media Major with aspirations of writing, producing her own documentaries, and directing short films in the future. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.