alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Teas You Should Be Drinking Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

We all know endless amounts of coffee and energy drinks are never good for you, yet with our tight schedules, and late nights of studying we do it anyway. Being healthy and having an active immune system is what many college kids lack. But have you every tried cutting back on all the caffeine and looked to a more natural energizer? Here are 7 types of teas that you SHOULD be drinking every day.

1. Black Tea

Black tea is very highly caffeinated so you are able to get that natural energy quickly without the side affects that coffee has. It also contains two types of antioxidants that have been linked to help low cholesterol levels in the body

1. Green Tea

Green tea has antioxidants that are linked to preventing cancer and heart disease. Drinking multiple cups a day can decrease any type of disease in the cardiovascular area.

1. White Tea

White tea has said to be linked to helping prevent breast cancer according to the American Cancer Society. It is much like green tea with similar antioxidants leaning towards helping prevent cancer and heart disease.

1. Lemon Ginger Tea

Lemon Ginger Tea has immune-boosting compounds helping to prevent you from getting sick. The duo fighting lemon and ginger help protect against bacteria infections and, of course, you are getting tons of vitamin C. This is my personal go to tea!

1. Oolong Tea

Oolong tea activates enzymes in the body. This is the fat-fighting tea. This is much more affective than just drinking water alone.

1. Chamomile Tea

Chamomile tea has the luxury of having many healthy benefits. Studies have shown it can fight cancer cells and prevent against diabetes side effects like kidney and nerve damage. It is made from flowers of the Chamomile plant so its’ all natural substances are great for your body and overall health.

1. Hibiscus Tea

Hibiscus tea can help lower blood pressure when you drink multiple cups a day. It also improves digestion, offers liver protection and relieves some symptoms of anxiety and depression.

Becoming a healthier and happier you is important. While drinking coffee in moderation is still okay, try every day substituting that one extra cup of coffee for a cup of tea instead. I am guilty of overdosing on coffee, so when I tried tea substitutes I noticed a difference in how I felt during the day than when I drank coffee or an energy drink. No more bloating, high acidity, or caffeine crashes. If just something simple as drinking tea everyday can help boost your health in so many different ways, think of how much happier YOU will feel, not just your bo

Just a 5'4" independent and free spirited woman, easily inspired and always smiling. While I'm not on here spilling all my thoughts and writing my heart out, I thoroughly enjoy drawing, blogging, adventuring and of course dancing around in my underwear and eating mac and cheese. It's the simple things in life that truly make me who I am. I currently reside in Milwaukee, Wisco and inspire to be a pediatric nurse.