Ways to Stay in Shape During Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Are you busy cramming for exams, but don’t want to lose your gains? Well here are some quick tips to stay in shape during exams:

Bikes and Books

It’s common to see people texting and biking, or texting and using the elliptical. If you can text while working out, you can read that textbook you’ve been putting off reading until now.

Bis and Cries

Middle of the night at Leddy and having a mental breakdown? Best time to take a 10 minute break, release some positive endorphins, and do bicep curls with those heavy textbooks. What else are they good for anyways?

Caffeine Calves

On the off chance that you get to your exam early and have the caffeine jitters, consciously or not, you may find yourself doing caffeine-fueled calf raises.  Who needs pre-workout when you already have 3 large black coffees in your system?

Leddy Lunges

What better study break is there than legs? Leddy has a lot of room to get up beside the swastika cubicle you are occupying and perform some quick lunges and squats.

2am Twists

I’m sure you’ve heard of the exercise called the “Russian Twist”. Pick up your laptop for some added weight to get your lats and obliques moving.

Close Call Cardio

After a late night of studying, you accidentally fall asleep in Leddy and haven’t set your alarm. You wake up and look at the clock to realize you are going to be late for your exam. Proceed to sprint to this exam.

Delivery Deadlifts

When you inevitably stop cooking for the week out of pure laziness, and call in the late night delivery guy (shout out to my boy Frank), work in some deadlifts with those bags of questionably healthy sustenance.

Cram n’ Hams

Simply, lie down on your stomach with your feet hanging off the edge of your bed at the knees. Place your books in front of you for stuDYING purposes and hang your backpack off your ankles. Proceed to hamstring curl. Optimal study gains achieved

In all seriousness, please take care of yourself during exam time. It is best to get a good night’s sleep and eat healthy when your body is exposed to this much stress.  Crush those finals, like you crush Leg Day!

Thanks Jill for some added wit.

I am currently in my 4th year of Sport Management and a major whiskey enthusiast.  Not necessarily in that order.