This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

When maintaining a healthy lifestyle, staying hydrated is key;, “the key to success” if you will. It can be very discouraging to consume the required amount of water for the day as it generally lacks flavour. Water unfortunately is not as captivating as many other beverages such as: juices, energy drinks, pop, sports drinks…etc. These simple and healthy recipes listed below will have you reaching for your water and not thinking twice about picking up a can of pop. If you find yourself struggling to drink enough water throughout the day, you have come to the right place! Keep on reading to indulge in some quick and delicious ways to enhance your water.

1.Orange, Lemon & Grapefruit

This combination is one of my favourites to drink when I wake up in the morning. I find that the citrus is super refreshing and really wakes me up. To create this delicious infused water, I take the juice from ½  of a lemon, juice from 1 whole orange, and juice from ½ of a grapefruit (feel free to customize the measurements to your own preference). Taking a mix of all of the juices, I add this combination to a glass, and fill the rest with water. This blend is so refreshing and tastes so amazing. Extracting pure juices from fruits opposed to throwing in whole pieces of fruit intensifies the flavour much more.

2. Mint & Strawberry

This next combination is very good chilled due to the added mint. Taking a large glass I like to fill it to the top with ice. Then, taking about 3-4 strawberries I cut them into thin slices and pop these in the glass. Next, I will add about 2-3 mint leaves (depending on how intense you like your flavour) and add these into the glass. Lastly, I fill the glass with water and stir the mixture until it makes a beautiful blend. This drink is great for those who enjoy icy, cool and refreshing sensations as the mint and ice compliment each other while still providing sweetness from the strawberries.

3. Cherry & Lime

This last mixture is one of my favourites because it is so versatile. You are able to substitute any prefered fruits or garnishes for the cherry and lime. In order to create this, I start by taking 3-4 cherries and de-stemming and pitting them. I then add the cherries in the bottom of my glass and crush them using the back of a spoon. Next, taking half of a lime, I squeeze the juice into the glass, slice the lime into thin slices, and place these in as well. I then like to add a few ice cubes and top it off from some water. I love this combination as it has such a unique taste. I enjoy the diversity between the sourness of the lime and the tartness of the cherries.  

Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.