stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

A new club is starting on campus. Maybe you’ve heard of it, maybe you’ve seen flyers posted around, or maybe you’ve seen students on the field practicing. Yes, it’s exactly what UWB has been missing, a Yoga Club.

Yoga Club is a new organization formed by five students with a passion for Yoga that wanted something more. Students who share the same passion can come together as a community to connect and expand their practice. Yoga Club is a relaxed space with no requirements. The only requirement is to come with an open mind and have fun!

The club has had two meetings so far and one free flow yoga event, both successful with a crowd of 10-15 people each time. Yoga Club’s mission is to bring those who are curious about yoga into the yoga community and plan events to allow students to continue their practice and learn more about yoga. There are no expectations and no limitations. Come to a meeting, show up at an event, and do as much as your body feels like doing. Yoga Club can be beneficial for so many and this is only the beginning.

Yoga Club is open to all UW Bothell and Cascadia students! Even if you’ve never stepped foot on a yoga mat, you’re welcome to attend one of their bi-weekly meetings starting back up in Fall quarter 2018. Along with meetings, you can attend events and socials yoga club will be hosting all year long. Stay updated through their facebook page @uwbyoga or email slreilly@uw.edu.

Here is what Yoga Club members had to say about it:

What is your favorite thing about yoga?

“I love that it’s both an individual practice and a group practice.” -Ella Chebotareva

What makes yoga club different from the yoga classes on campus?

“It’s more relax and it’s more than just one hour.” -Lawrence Haddad

What do you hope to see happen with yoga club next year?

“I hope to build a community and meet new people since none of my friends are into yoga!” -Brianna Mueller

Samantha is a current Business Marketing major and Visual & Media arts minors. She loves to write about relatable topics such as dealing with stress and mental health. Aside from that, her passions include yoga, style, & self care!
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.