How to Be the Best Version of Yourself this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

The new semester is finally here! It can be hard to find the right balance of relaxing and being productive, but with these tips you can get the most out of your semester so it doesn’t pass you by!

Be mindful Being mindful and meditating is so relaxing; it can be as simple as closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing for one minute. When you give yourself opportunities to live in the present, you can be more appreciative of everything around you.

Exercise Being active is one of the best things you can do for your physical and mental health. We all know the general benefits of exercise, and fall in Wisconsin is a wonderful time to get outdoors and be active. If finding motivation to work out is hard for you, make it fun! Try a new sport or activity you haven’t done before, join an intramural, or set an ambitious goal for yourself to reach by December. 

Try new foodsFall is the perfect time to broaden your palate. Who knows? You might discover a new favorite food. Take a trip to the farmer’s market and see what’s fresh and seasonal. There are always new recipes popping up on my Pinterest feed, so I never run out of ideas. 

Go out of your comfort zoneAs much as I enjoy doing the same traditions with my friends and family, it can be fun to just broaden your horizons occasionally and try something new. Take a trip, talk to that person you like, or pick up a hobby. There is no better time than now! 

Wake up earlyNumerous studies have shown the benefits of being a morning person. People who wake up early tend to sleep better, be more productive, and overall happier than their “night owl” peers. What more proof do you need than that? Set your alarm earlier and see what adventures tomorrow brings.

Vanessa studies Early Childhood Education at the University of Wisconsin- Stout. She hails from southeastern Minnesota and currently lives with her fiance in Wisconsin. She is the proud dog mom of 2 fur babies, Marley and Daisy.
Her Campus at UW-Stout