rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Stress Reducing Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

With finals right around the corner, everyone’s stress level is going through the roof. High stress inhibits performance levels, amount of sleep, and overall life quality. Sometimes finding the time to squeeze in activities that are stress relieving is difficult, but it is very beneficial to your well-being! Here are some activities that require an hour or less that will lower your stress levels significantly.

1) Do some yoga

The great thing about yoga is that it can take as long as you want to. There are 30-minute videos on YouTube that allow you to follow along, which will leave you with a more relaxed mood.  This, in turn, will make homework better.

2) Watch an episode of your favorite show on Helium

Helium is an app for your computer, that can make your browser window completely translucent;  you can click on things behind it and work while you play.  It gives you the ability to multitask perfectly!

3) Take a nap

I know that sometimes just dropping everything and taking a nap is hard, but sleep can help you retain the things you’ve been studying. Sometimes it can be more beneficial than continuing to cram.

4) Clean your room or do laundry

Doing homework or working in a tidy area proves for better studying. A happy room equals a happy you!

5) Call someone on the phone

Sometimes just calling someone on the phone to talk about how you’re feeling will help you bunches. Even hearing about their lives – and taking a break from your own – can help you focus.

Finals can be hard on you, but try your hardest to be positive and remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Finals do not define you, and don’t forget to take time to love yourself during this stressful time!

Kelly is a sophomore at The University of Wisconsin - Stout studying Cross Media Graphics Management, and planning on minoring in Marketing. She is a tattoo and piercing enthusiast who loves sports, binge watching netflix, and staying fit. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout