This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

I love plants. Don’t we all? They are so fresh and pretty and they can make any house look like a home. Plus it’s really fun taking care of them and watching them grow. Now that it is officially spring, it is time to start fresh. Out with the old and in with the new. To jumpstart spring, here are some plants that would look adorable in any living space. 

Philodendron hederaceum (Vilevine)

Don’t ask me to pronounce this. If you are a fan of viny plants, this is the one for you. Personally, I have one in my room and I love it. The leaves are kind of heart-shaped and it is a relatively low-maintenance plant to know. They are inexpensive and can be found at most plant shops or online. 

Link to buy them. 

The Weeping Fig

This is one if you have a lot of space and are looking for something a little larger. The weeping fig requires indirect to direct sunlight and occasional watering. 

Link to buy one. 

Asparagus Fern 

This fluffy little guy is not actually a fern, and it has nothing to do with asparagus. It is very low maintenance and is fine in a relatively dark corner. 

Link to buy one

Yucca

This beautiful tall one requires lots and lots of sun! It is also giving me gorgeous desert vibes. 

Link to buy one

Aloe

Aloe is honestly such a magical little plant. First of all, it is adorable and super trendy looking. Second of all, if you break off a piece, you can use it in a face mask for anti-inflammatory benefits and hydration. If you look it up, there are tons more benefits to aloe. 

Link to buy one

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout