Between the Photoshop magazine ads and body bashing, it can be hard to see your beauty through all the lies. Ads are everywhere you look these days, it seems, and Internet and social media don’t help. It’s important now more than ever to find the strength in ourselves to love our body image. As Colbie Caillat would say, “you don’t have to try so hard.” Use these 9 habits to learn to love your body again.
1. Make a list of everything you love about your body.
2. Don’t compare yourself. I repeat, do not compare yourself to others.
3. Find the beauty in your body type. Every ones body type is different. And I mean everyone. Movie stars, sport stars, rock stars—no body is the same. But if you look close enough, you’ll realize that each is beautiful in its own way.
5. See through Photoshop. Alongside not comparing yourself with others, recognize that media advertisements of both men and women are severely Photoshopped most of the time. Skin becomes almost animated, bodies become thinner and even boobs get bigger. These are unattainable and unrealistic goals, even for celebrities.
6. Find your inner beauty. Get ready for a cliché, but it’s cliché for a reason—because it’s true. Beauty comes from the inside. It comes in character, kindness and confidence (Take Beyonce for example). Ever find a so-called attractive guy or girl unattractive? It was probably because he or she was a…well; let’s just say they probably weren’t very nice.
7. Think of yourself in the long run. In the end, is what you look like going to matter?
8. Don’t body bash yourselves with your friends. This form of bonding isn’t healthy. Instead, boost each other’s confidence and tell each other how beautiful you both look.
9. Surround yourself with positive people. Focus on being happy. Quit worrying and love more!