5 Products to Keep You Fresh and Sane During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

If you’re a UW-La Crosse student during midterms, then you’ve probably got 3 exams, 2 presentations and a lengthy paper due all in a matter of a couple weeks, or something like that. On the contrary to daylight savings, days are longer and nights are shorter, meaning we spend more time in the library and less time in our beds. Slowly, but surely, our hair gets greasier, our faces get grimier and our minds get gloopier (yes, that’s a word).  So, what’s a girl gotta do to stay fresh and sane at a time like this when showering is out of the question and jeans are unspeakable? The answers are in the hands of 5 simple products.

1. Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer

I don’t know about you, but when my nails are done I somehow feel completely put together even if the rest of me is greasy and grimy. If your typing your very rough and very incomplete paper and look down to see a good-looking set of hands, you’ll most likely get a little sense of motivation and satisfaction from seeing something that is actually complete and put together in your life.

Milani is influenced by the vibrant art and culture of Milan, Italy. So, let the vivid colors and timeless beauties of these polishes take you to a better place, if only for a little while.

2. Colgate Optic White Actis and Toothbrush

It’s the 2-in-1 ultimate time savor, because time is precious during midterms. Whiten while you brush, and there’s no waiting or rinsing involved, which is a super plus. A confident smile makes for a confident woman, and you’re going to need confidence for your 20-minute class presentation. Colgate Optic White Actis works to whiten your smile 5 shades brighter in 3 days, but don’t take my word for it, try it out for your self!

3. StyleWatch October Issue

Take a study break. Put down your textbook and pick up a magazine. It’s little to no brainwork, which is just what your gloopy mind needs. People StyleWatch is a positive, fun and supportive magazine that includes street styles from all over the world celebrating all sizes, skin tones, hair types and personal styles. Take time out of your day to relax and do something you enjoy, whether it’s a magazine or something else!

4. Simple Cleansing Wipes

When you’re up until 2 or 3am it’s not very realistic that you’re going to head to the showers before bed, but breakouts and greasy T-Zones are just added nightmares to your week of school torture. Simple Cleansing Wipes take 10 seconds to wipe off all the stress and residue from the day. Store them on your nightstand, so you don’t even have to make a pit stop to the bathroom before bed. Simple Cleansing Wipes are made with multi-vitamins and are hypoallergenic, paraben-free, dermatologist tested and non-comodogenic, cleans deeply, removing even that annoying waterproof mascara and leaves you with a feeling of refreshment, so you can get up and start all over again the next day.

5. Miss Me contest

Have something to look forward to when all it’s all said and done. Miss Me is holding a social media contest for a chance to win a $500 shopping spree from MissMe.com! On Instagram, Twitter or Facebook tag @MissMeJeans,  and tell them what makes you shine with #MissMeOnCampus. Once you’ve survived midterms, reward yourself to some cute denim jeans, accessories, sportswear or outerwear at MissMe.com using the FREE shipping code: HCXPSW15 (offer expires 12/31/15!). Rewards are necessary to see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Stay positive, stay fresh, stay sane and good luck on your midterms, collegiettes! 

Kasey is a UW-La Crosse collegiate, aspiring writer, and Campus Correspondent of the HC UW-Lax team. You can follow her on Pinterest @kaseyluo, Instagram @kaseylovergaard, and Twitter @kaseyLuO