Go Take a Walk! 3 Trails in Charlottesville

I’m not the first to say it and definitely won’t be the last, but exercise is important, especially when you’re a college student. One of my favorite forms of exercise is to walk, hike, or run. Instead of exercising tirelessly day after day inside, or in a gym, I’ve rounded up three trails you can find in Charlottesville. Here’s to getting outside, getting those endorphins when you can, and hopefully getting some mental relaxation as well. 

1. 931 Thomas Jefferson Parkway

I hiked here a few weeks ago, and it was beautiful, refreshing, and such a nice change of scenery. It’s also a part of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, and the trails go on forever. I could walk for days!  

2. 298 Riverside Ave 

On the Rivanna Trail, Riverview offers a playground, picnic tables, with walking, running, and biking trails. It definitely has more to offer for families than Kemper Park, with just trails, but it’s a great place to walk/hike/run/bike, nonetheless!  

3. 1933 Greenbrier Drive

With a flat trail, this place makes it easier for novice hikers or for those who don’t prefer hills.