This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

(All sentences, words, and phrases are my own opinion. Please provide others with respect as they speak their story.)

Do you know that feeling when you finally feel satisfied, but you know you still forget something important? Well, that is how I feel about my situation right now…

About a year ago, I wasn’t doing so well around this time. I just got out of classes because the semester just ended. I was taking some interesting and difficult classes in my degree at the time for biomedical engineering (BME); physics, statistics, engineering analysis, and the introductory class for BME. Also, I was closing out the semester in the job I really enjoyed, being a resident assistant. Lastly, I was spending the best time talking to my best friends, just enjoying my best life.

The thing was, I was not taking care of my body, my mind. I was barely getting enough sleep, and I was not studying properly throughout the day. During this time of my life, I had no idea what changes were going inside my mind because I thought there was a way to push past my weaknesses.

While not understanding the physical changes going inside my head, I started to act cuckoo from the feelings inside my head. All my thoughts were physically turning into actions around me, and it felt to me as if the world were ending.

My voice. My opinion.

~Things to consider & ask yourself~

How do u feel?

Go somewhere, where you feel safe, at home, whether it is a quiet section in a library, a quiet classroom, outdoors, or even your own living space ?

How do you define yourself?

UTSA 22'' Mathematics DXN ----------- family hope friends. I used to ask myself who am I?  Why do I?    (And then I found a paper,     pencil and started typing ); ********