This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

I’d like to tell you that it will get easier.

That everything happens for a reason; that the big picture comes together eventually.

But the truth is… sometimes it doesn’t.

Bad things just happen. There’s nothing you can do but just learn to get back up. If you’re lucky enough, you’ll have good friends who can pick you back up when you can’t help yourself. This is something I learned recently, my last semester at UTSA. I had many things I hoped I’d experience this last swing; attending my last homecoming game, going out of state for my birthday, and just overall enjoying the last festivities that come with senior year. All that went out the window when I fractured my wrist in a horrid accident.

I lost sight of who I was; I couldn’t write, couldn’t go swing dancing, couldn’t go skating. I couldn’t wrap my head around why it had to happen. I often asked God in my suffering, “why?”.

So much of what I love was taken from me for a brief moment, but so much is already being restored.

My tuition miraculously went down by $1,000, I slowly regained my strength on my right hand, the one I hurt, and can use it to write again. I knew it had to be God. There are so many times in life when I don’t know how I will make it through, but God finds a route. Even though I’m still healing from it, I want whoever reads this to be sure that there is always some good that follows trauma. It may take days, weeks even months sometimes to see it.

Do what helps you get better and never forget that there’s always someone out there reaching their hand out to you.

I am a Creative Writing Major I am an Aspiring travel writer I love the outdoors I love meeting new people and making friends