neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Stages of Grief: UTSA Class Registration Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

All UTSA students can agree that registering for classes is a terrible experience. We hope the “Registration Gods” were ever in your favor for Fall 2019.

Denial

Having woke up at 6:45 A.M. with the complete list of courses for next semester in hand, you wait minute-by-minute for the clock to reach 7am so you can get the course registration show on the road. Finally, 7 A.M. hits and you quickly click on the registration tab on ASAP. Almost instantly, you are met with the very unwelcome “loading error” page. Oh no.

Anger

Obviously this happens every course registration period (get it together UTSA), but it never ceases to make you just as mad and irritated. “Did I really just wake up at the crack of dawn for this?? “UTSA is #1 in Cyber Security, and they can’t even fix their website??” are some of the thoughts that race your mind, only fueling your grumpy and sleep-deprivation-induced anger.

Bargaining

At this point, you’re contemplating just shutting your laptop and going back to sleep (or throwing your computer out of your window, whichever helps), but you’re not going to go down without a fight. Determined, you make the risky decision to click the reload button. “Maybe if I wait long enough the screen with load” you try to assure yourself during this dark age of course registration.

Depression

After your fifth failed attempt to reload the page, you begin to spiral into feelings of deep sadness and resignation. You even begin to contemplate screwing it all, and just dropping out. Maybe if you go back to bed and sleep long enough, four years will have passed and you wouldn’t have to deal with the sheer pain of course registration ever again.

Acceptance

Finally, you dramatically exclaim “SCREW IT ALL!!” and shut your laptop. You storm off to bed and sleep through two of your classes to blow off steam (and most definitely for self-care purposes.)

Hello, I'm the Assistant Editor for the UTSA Her Campus chapter. I am a Digital Communications major and my dream job is to be the editor of a magazine one day. You can usually find me trying to hide in plain sight on campus avoiding ineluctable human interaction or in my dorm watching Princess in the Frog while stuffing my face with cookies (which is most of the time lol). Anyways, check out my articles!
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.