This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Happy COVID Anniversary! This past year has been real tough on all of us, but just like everyone else, I’ve learned a lot about myself. One of the many things that I discovered is that self-care is so important for my mental health. Before COVID, we were always on the go and sometimes we forgot to take care of ourselves. After basically an entire year of staying inside with a lot of overthinking and online-shopping, I found some incredible products that have significantly changed my life. Although vaccines are coming out and we are shifting towards reopening, it is necessary to keep taking care of ourselves. I’m going to share with you a list of my favorite things that I got myself during quarantine.

Mini Oil Diffuser

If you haven’t noticed, oil diffusers can be very expensive (especially the cute ones.) This mini oil diffuser from Urban Outfitters is minimalistic and aesthetically pleasing. I have this right next to my bed at night and I’ve noticed how much it has helped my skin and breathing problems. Living in Utah means having the heater on most of the time and I’m sure most of us wake up feeling as if we can’t breath because of how dry it gets. I usually put in a few drops of lavender essential oil right before bed to help me relax!

Magnesium Gummies

Staying at home for too long means a lot of overthinking, anxiety, and depression. As someone that suffers from all of those, I’m always on the hunt for products that help relieve symptoms. I’ve heard great things about magnesium and its benefits, but the taste of it is the only reason why I can’t commit to one. This is why the gummy version is perfect for me because it tastes just like candy you feel more calm and relaxed after just 30 minutes. If you have a hard time falling asleep and melatonin gives you nightmares, this is a better alternative.

WNRS Reflection Kit

You’ve probably seen this account @werenotreallystrangers all over Instagram, but you may not know that they also sell game cards for you and your friends. One of my favorite products that they sell is the Self Reflection Kit. It comes with the Self-Reflection Pack and a notebook and pen which is  perfect for journaling. As someone who isn’t the best at journaling, having this kit gives me guidance to write down my thoughts. Each card comes with a question that we usually forget to ask ourselves. After a few months of doing this everyday, I’ve noticed that I understand myself more now and it also teaches me how to be mindful and gentle with my thoughts. Everyone should give this a try, especially if you’re trying to get better at journaling!

Ice-roller

This is probably the most random purchase I made but it’s also the one that changed my life completely. For me, my skincare routine is my me-time when I dedicate a good 30-minutes to myself. This ice-roller totally brought my routine to the next level, especially in the morning. We hold water in our face when we’re sleeping and that’s why most of us wake up with puffy faces. Rolling  something cold over your face regulates your blood and lifts your face so you can feel a little snatched. I love using it in the morning because it feels amazing on the skin and also wakes me up instantly.

Hair Dryer Brush

It’s been over a year since I went to the hair salon and I have to admit that I miss having a good blow-out. I never thought I’d be able to do it myself until I discovered this hair dryer brush. I personally love the one from Revlon because it’s not too expensive and gets the job done. Ever since I started using this, my hair has become so luminous and silky, as if I just got back from the hair salon. It is extremely easy to use and gives your hair so much volume in such a short amount of time. Definitely give it a try!

These 5 things might seem random and somewhat nonsensical, but they have been making my quarantine so much easier. Not only do I now take care of myself more, but I also feel happier and more content even thought I’m still staying inside most of the time. Try out these products, and maybe being inside won’t be so bad anymore!

Business Junior at University of Utah.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor