This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

With the stress of approaching finals, the idea of getting together with friends and watching a movie has never seemed more appealing. Although most of us do not have any extra time, here are the seven types of movie watchers that you will encounter once the semester is finally over.

1. The Reluctant Crier

This person normally has a tough exterior but will cry during every sappy, sad, or nostalgic movie, much to their deepest disgust. Mentioning this trait is sure to bring a quick rebuttal as well as a (tearful) glare.

2. The Unabashed Crier

This person has no shame in letting their emotions out and getting deeply invested in the characters and storylines. This person knows how cleansing a good cry can be.

3. The Ceaseless Chatterer

I am definitely guilty of being this particular brand of irritating. This person keeps up a constant stream of chatter and opinions throughout the entirety of any given movie, generally to the extreme annoyance of any companions.

4. The Awkward Laugher

Anytime anything awkward, suspenseful, or emotional happens, this person is always the first to break the tension by laughing (usually loudly and unexpectedly). The volume of the laughter is directly dependent on how quiet everyone else is.

5. The Second Screener

This person is seemingly incapable of devoting their complete attention to a movie. Although it may seem as though they are paying greater attention to Instagram, some supernatural power allows them to know exactly what happens in the movie.

6. The Super Invested One

Whether this pertains to a single favorite movie, or all movies as a general rule, this movie watcher insists on absolute silence and that full attention will be paid to the movie. Distractions are not permitted!

7. The Grazer

Hang onto your movie snacks! This person is not only known to hog the popcorn, but also to consume it at top speeds. When watching a movie with a Grazer you better distribute snacks before the movie starts.

Although finals may be preventing you from spending much time on Netflix, never fear collegiates! We can do this! And once finals are over you can go back to enjoying some quality time with friends.

Image Sources: Thumbnail, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor