bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Perfect Day at the University of Utah

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Students of the University of Utah! Ever have a day where you just want to explore all the things your campus has to offer? Follow these simple steps to have the perfect day at the U of U.

After you hit snooze 10 times and finally wake up it’s time to hit the gym! Walk over to the student life center and start the day off right with some exercise. Once you’re done, you’ll feel great and have a ton of energy to take on the rest of the day!

After you SLAY at the gym, make your way down to The Porcupine Grille for their yummy brunch. They have something for everyone! Here is their menu:

Breakfast items served until 3 pm

PORCUPINE BREAKFAST 10.99

Two large eggs* any style, house potatoes, bacon, h am or sausage. Served with toast or English muffin.

EGGS BENEDICT 12.99

Two wine poached eggs*, Canadian bacon, fresh tomato on an English muffin with a light hollandaise*. Served with house potatoes.

HUEVOS RANCHEROS 12.99

Flour tortilla, house potatoes, two eggs*, cheddar jack, smothered with pork chile verde. Garnished with pico de gallo and sour cream. Served with black beans & warmed tortillas.

FRENCH TOAST COMBO 10.99

French toast, house potatoes, your choice of bacon, ham or sausage. Served with warm maple syrup.

BREAKFAST BURRITO 10.99

Eggs*, potatoes, onions, red & green peppers, jalapeños, mushrooms, cheddar jack, salsa, sour cream, your choice of bacon, ham or sausage.

BREAKFAST SANDWICH 8.99

Scrambled egg*, cheese, green pepper & onion with your choice of bacon, ham or sausage. Served on a large English muffin with house potatoes.

BISCUITS AND GRAVY 11.99

Two fluffy biscuits smothered in sausage gravy. Served with two large eggs* any style & house potatoes.

BIG OL’ PILE OF BREAKFAST 12.99

Double order of house potatoes, four large eggs*, bacon & sausage, smothered with cheese. Served with toast or English muffin.

STEAK & EGGS 18.99

Bacon wrapped filet mignon. Two large eggs* any style & house potatoes. Served with toast or English muffin.

PANCAKE COMBO 10.99

Two pancakes, two large eggs*, your choice of bacon, ham or sausage. Served with warm maple syrup.

POACHED SALMON AND EGGS 17.99

White wine poached filet of salmon. Served with two poached eggs* atop an English muffin with a light hollandaise*.

COUNTRY FRIED STEAK 11.99

Country fried breaded beef steak topped with country gravy. Served with two large eggs* and house potatoes.

OMELETTES

Served with house potatoes & toast

GREEK 10.99

Three large eggs*, green & red peppers, onion, artichoke & feta cheese. Topped with fresh tomatoes & oregano.

SOUTHWESTERN 11.99

Three large eggs*, green & red peppers, onions, black beans, cheddar jack cheeses, pork chile verde, cilantro.

CHEESE 9.99

Three large eggs*, cheddar jack, mozzarella.

VEGGIE

DENVER 10.99

Three large eggs*, cheddar jack, ham, onion & green pepper.

HAM AND CHEESE 10.99

Three large eggs*, diced ham, cheddar, pepperjack & mozzarella.

SARAH’S 10.99

Three large eggs*, bacon, spinach, cheddar & sour cream.

Porcupine Grille is relatively new to the University of Utah campus and you should definitely give it a try! It is a great place for students to hang out, eat some delicious food and catch a game on TV. The restaurant is in an old firehouse built in the 1930’s. The atmosphere is great, the workers are friendly and it is fun to soak up all of the history the building has to offer. 

After you are filled up, stop by the Union building to do some bowling! Bowling is a fun, easy activity and the Union is the perfect place to do it because it’s such a central spot on campus. If bowling isn’t your thing there is also pool, air hockey and ping pong as well! Get ready for some friendly competition with your buds. WARNING: friendships will be tested.

End your day by seeing a play or musical put on by Pioneer Theatre Company.You can get student rush tickets an hour before the show starts for $5! If that doesn’t work out, try to catch a student dance or theatre production put on by your peers!

If you check all of these things off your list, you are bound to have a fulfilling day at the U of U. So the next time you have a free day and don’t know what to do, take my advice. You wont regret it.

Kim Davison is a recent graduate from the University of Utah that double majored in Theatre and Communications. She was the President of Her Campus Utah and a Chapter Advisor, a Campus Expansion Assistant and a Her Campus Ambassador Advisor for Her Campus Nationals. Kim loves theatre, event planning, dachshunds and strives to live her life every day to make Leslie Knope proud. She is currently searching to jobs in the media industry and is excited to see where life takes her!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor