A Letter To Those Who Love Me Through My Anxiety

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

To Those Who Love Me Through My Anxiety,

First off, I just want to say thank you. I understand that my way of thinking can sometimes be frustrating and hard to grasp. I know that my continual tendency to stress about everything could get really annoying to some people, but you always stick around and talk me through it with so much patience. You see it all. You see me through my struggles, my good times and bad, and I can never thank you enough for that.

Secondly, I want to try to explain my way of thinking that is extremely difficult for me to control. Anxiety feels like a constant wave of emotions. There are times that I focus on little details that I can’t seem to get out of my head, and other times it is all of the big things and I can’t pinpoint what exactly is stressing me out so much. What is constant in both of these situations is that I feel like there are knots in my stomach and I almost feel sick. Sometimes taking deep breaths and clearing my mind helps, and other times I just have to ride the bumpy waves and wait for clear waters.

What helps me the most is when you give me reassurance that it will be okay. Reminding me that chaos is okay. Everything in my life is never going to run perfectly, but laughing through the bumpy times is something I have to work on. Even knowing all of this, I get scared of failing and that is when my thoughts start to build up. Having a reminder that life seems to always work itself out has been such a helpful way to help ease those knots in my stomach.

I may pretend to hate when you force me to go out, but secretly I’m glad that someone cares enough for me to be there.  It reminds me that even though I feel like my anxiety is such a flaw, there will always be people supporting me. That although I am strong enough to get through it alone, having someone there is always a lot better. There have been people along the way who clearly don’t understand my way of thinking, and that makes me even more grateful for you.

Never forget that you make the biggest difference in at least one person’s life. I would be very lost without you and having the slightest bit of encouragement has gone a long way! I appreciate your patience, understanding, and support, and know that in your times of need I will always be here to return the favor!

Sincerely,

Your Friend Who Kind Of Stresses A Lot. 

Brandi Lyn Johnson20 years old... but a child at heart. Pre-Nursing Major and working at Primary Children's Hospital.Changing the world one Netflix Series at a time.I think dogs are better than humans.I don't like the dark.  
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor