This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

First, I would like to recognize Kim Davison, Josh Lipio, and their teams for putting together such a fun Greek Week. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Greek Week at the University of Utah started out with a bang on Monday, March 26th in the A. Ray Olpin Student Union on campus as the six different teams battled it out in the Greek Games. These games included minute to win it, tug of war, and several others. As each team waved their team flag proudly in the air you could feel the competitive tension building in the room.

The second day of Greek Week was celebrated by having teams compete in a game show. The first round was Jeopardy, followed by Quiplash, and the final round to determine the winner of the night was Family Feud.  By the end of the second day the Gold Diggers were in the lead with Tri Phi following closely behind.

During Tuesday and Wednesday the Greek community volunteered in the Bennion Center by crafting plastic bags into beds for the homeless population in our area. The community also wrote letters to deployed soldiers. Between the two days 429 Greek members volunteered their time at the Bennion Center. This is an incredible contribution of service to our community!

On Wednesday evening the annual Lip Sync competition was held in the ballroom of the student Union. Teams performed 90’s themed routines in hopes of taking home the title. The Gold Diggers won the Lip Sync competition and Tri Phi won the flag competition.

Thursday’s event took place at Smith’s Ballpark in support of our men’s baseball team. The Panhellenic president, Alli Brown, sang the national anthem and the Interfraternity Council vice president of recruitment, Hunter Mansfield, threw the first pitch!

Friday evening consisted of two events. The annual Greek Choice Awards highlighted chapters and their individual members for outstanding leadership throughout 2017.

Later that evening, the week ended with the 2nd annual Greek Ball at the Infinity Event Center where the winners of the week were announced.

1st: Gold Diggers

2nd: Fresh Prince of Blue-Air

3rd: Tri Phi

Our community had a fantastic time this past week and we are excited to see what next year’s Greek Council plans for our annual Greek Week!

Photo Source: U of U Greeks

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor