Because You Procrastinated This, Too: Last Minute Fall Break Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

So, it’s the middle of fall semester and procrastination has wormed its way into your life. It’s a hassle, but you’re making it work. Suddenly, though, you realize Fall Break is next week, and you haven’t made any plans. Don’t worry! Sometimes it works out better this way. Read on to get some ideas on how to spend your Fall Break here in Utah.

Visit Oktoberfest, but the Utah Version

For ultimate fall vibes, head up the canyon to Snowbird Ski Resort and explore Utah’s very own Oktoberfest. Even if you aren’t old enough to drink, there are still plenty of opportunities for fun with live music, yummy authentic-ish German food, and prime people watching. If you’ve got it in your budget, stay a night or two up at the resort and get away from SLC for a minute. For more information click here. 

Binge Watch Netflix

With all this time off and hopefully no homework to do, it’s time to finish that series you’ve been waiting to watch. My ultimate tip for having a stress free day is to put on your best pair of sweatpants, load up on snacks from 7-Eleven, pop on a face mask, and lay on the couch All. Day. Long. Hey, with the ability to order food through Grubhub now, the possibilities are endless. Take this time to kick back and Netflix & Chill. Need ideas on what to watch? A fellow Her Campus writer has the perfect list here. 

Take a Hike

As summer slips away and winter starts creeping in, now is the perfect time to go hiking. The leaves will be changing color and you won’t be miserable and sweaty — ok, maybe only slightly miserable. Hiking CAN be fun, I promise! There are so many good trails around: Lake Mary at Brighton, Pipeline up Millcreek Canyon, and more. Download the AllTrails app and you can even filter hikes by difficulty level as well as read reviews about the trail, so you can make your hike as hard or as easy as you’d like. It’s your Fall Break, so you do you.  

Get Your Zen On

What better time to get all of that stress out of your body than when you don’t have classes to attend? There are so many awesome free yoga classes to attend in SLC, and now is the time to take advantage of them. On Saturday Oct. 5, there is a class at Liberty Park at 11 am. The University of Utah’s Health Science Library has free yoga every Wednesday and Friday, even over Fall Break. Click here for more information. If you don’t mind paying, nothing is more relaxing or difficult than some hot yoga. Salt Lake Power Yoga puts on a Friday Night Vibe Class featuring hip-hop and dirty rap songs, yogi discretion advised, but I can promise you’ll love it. Click here for their class schedule

If none of these meet your Fall Break expectations, hitch a ride down to Vegas and go crazy. Or just stay at home; a little R&R would do us all good. Stay classy and have fun this Fall Break.

Photo Credit, 1234

Go-getter
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor