Best Netflix Shows to Watch During the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

If you’re like me and have very few brain cells to spare during the school year, these shows are for you…

The Office 

An absolute classic. If you haven’t watched The Office yet, get on it. Now. This is not a recommendation. This is a requirement! If you’ve been an Office fanatic since high school, this is the best show to rewatch over and over and over and over again. You can easily watch this show while making notecards or rewriting your notes. It’ll provide your study time with much-needed laughs. 

Parks & Recreation 

If you want a show that will without a doubt make you laugh, look no further than Parks & Rec. The light humor and cringe-worthiness provided in this series will turn your grumpy mood right around. Plus, the dynamic between Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza is sure to have you cracking up. But if you take anything away from this show, it better be “Treat Yo Self” (which is imperative to thriving).  

New Girl 

The last season of New Girl is officially on Netflix, so if you haven’t watched it yet this is the PERFECT show to binge-watch. The episodes are short enough to watch right before bed, in between classes or whenever you want! This show doesn’t require intense focus and you are sure to find yourself chuckling nonstop. 

Friends

This show will make you laugh, cry and unleash all types of emotions you didn’t realize you even had. These 10 seasons will no doubt get you through a tough college semester. In your spare time, you’ll start to think which of your friends most resembles Chandler or Joey. You’ll try to find the Rachel to your Monica. You’ll finally start to understand your free-spirited friend like Phoebe. But most importantly, you’ll learn what it means to be a true friend.  

Gilmore Girls

My roommate just started watching Gilmore Girls for the first time and she is HOOKED. She’ll play the show out loud in the room and I will start to laugh because I know exactly what part of the show is happening without even looking at the screen. If you want a show filled with witty, quick dialogue, gorgeous New England scenery, mother-daughter bonding and a touch of drama, Gilmore Girls is for you.

These are just a few of the series that have gotten me through the past two years of college so far. I highly recommend watching these funny shows not only because they are entertaining, but also because research shows that humor makes you happier and more productive at work. In fact, Eric Barker says when you’re stressed, you should be seeking out comedy like a bloodhound. So it looks like you all have some work to do and some laughs to share! 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Resources

Pictures 1, 2, 3, 4,

Riley Wester

Notre Dame '21

Student Athlete at the University of Notre Dame Major: Information Technology Management Minor: Science, Technology & Values