freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons Why Men Shouldn’t Skip Leg Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Have you ever caught a glimpse of a beautiful man, let your eyes linger on his broad chest, huge arms, then noticed his tiny chicken legs and thought, damn, I sure would like a slice of that cake. The answer is obvious; it’s never happened. 

Just to clarify, the purpose of my article is not to discriminate against the skinny dudes; it is to call out the meatheads who only focus on building their upper- body. If you are reading this and know a guy that does this ridiculousness, share this article on his page so he can read my brilliant reasons as to why he needs to stop the terrible habit.

Reason 1: If you want my booty to look like B for Beyonce then yours better look like C for Channing Tatum. Where did this sexual bias come from the only guys like a nice booty? If we have to do the squats, then so should you.

Reason 2: Girls like a nice pair of sturdy thighs to sit on.

If you go over to a girl’s house, you don’t want her thinking that your legs might break if she tries to sit on your lap. It’s great if you have big strong arms, but that won’t help us if we sit on your lap and your legs start to shake after five minutes.

Reason 3: Don’t be a triangle.

You don’t want to be that guy at the pool who looks like he’s going to tip over because his upper-body is too big for his legs. You aren’t a top that spins around for entertainment, you’re a man. Get some balance in your life.

Reason 4: Do it for the gains!

If you start incorporating compound exercises such as dead lifts and squats, it will help target not just your legs, but your whole body! Not only will you have beautiful thighs, but it will also help your favorite kind of gains, chest and arm gains!

Reason 5: You’ll be better in bed!

Almost all of my guy friends claim to hate leg day. However, a lot of the leg work outs will benefit your performance with the ladies. One of my favorite workouts, weighted hip thrusts, are a great example of how you can get from decent, to sex god in just a few weeks.

In conclusion, if you are going to be a meathead who is all about, ‘the gains,’ at least be a well-balanced one.

I love Cabins surrounded by trees and words that combine into a beautiful story. Creating stories from my awkward life experiences is almost as great as listening to a rainstorm pattering against my window as I drift off to sleep. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor