bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Perks of Being Sick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Everytime we get sick, we feel like crap.  That’s just how it works.  But when you are constantly getting sick, and your body just can’t recover, you start to get really really frustrated. You get a virus on top of cold on top of a sinus infection, and you feel like you are dying.  Your weeks become dictated by what ails you, and the people at the doctor’s office and lab know you personally.

Anyone who has ever suffered from chronic illnesses knows what I’m talking about.  You get to the point where you are on antibiotics more than you are off antibiotics.  You think back to a time when you actually felt good enough to go out.  A time when you weren’t constantly blowing your nose and your throat didn’t hurt.  For the collegiettes that are in the same boat as me, here are some positive things to remember the next time you’re feeling ill.  

1. Naps.  Lots and lots of naps.

You finally get your beauty sleep and feel 1,000% better.  

1. Sometimes you lose weight.

That’s always a nice little surprise.  Unfortunately (or fortunately?), you gain it all back when you can actually eat real people food.  Like pizza.  

1. You appreciate being healthy so much more afterwards.  

You think back to that time before your illness when you didn’t appreciate being able to breath through your nose and feel nothing but shame.  

1. Internet Time.  

No one is gonna judge you if you watch Disney movies or are on tumblr all day; you’re sick.

1. Usually you can get someone– parents, spouse, significant others– to cater to you for a whole week.

Friends and Family are on call 24/7 just for you and your needs.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor