18 Thoughts You Have When Registering for Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s that time of the year again – you’re barely done with midterms, terrified of finals, and can’t even remember what you have to do tomorrow. You’re probably overwhelmed and tired of this semester, but guess what? It’s time to think about NEXT semester! If you already know exactly what classes you’re taking in the spring, consider yourself lucky. The rest of us have been sitting in front of our computers for the last week trying to create a schedule that we won’t end up hating ourselves for from January to May. If you’re like me and you struggle with registration, you’ve probably thought all of these things at least once.

1. Why is this class only offered at 7:30 in the morning?

2. This is the perfect schedule… too bad it’s only 10 credits.

3. *goes to Rate My Professor* I am so screwed.

4. The schedule builder generated 300 options, how is this even possible?

5. Sure, I’d love an awkward 1 hour gap between all my classes.

6. I have no interest in this class, but it’s only 50 minutes long and fits into my schedule perfectly, so…

7. This ONE CLASS is screwing my entire schedule up, but it’s a degree requirement. Awesome.

8. I can totally get up for math that early, right?

9. *seriously considers changing my major at least twice*

10. There are 17 classes in my shopping cart. How did this happen?

11. WHY IS THE LAB AT 8 O’CLOCK AT NIGHT?!

12. Of course, the only class I actually wanted to take is full.

13. If these two classes are at the same time… and I have to take both…

14. Ok, as long as I sprint across campus, I can make this work.

15. God bless online classes.

16. What do you mean I need a registration code?

17. Ok, I have my schedule. This is perfect. Leave it alone.

18. …But just let me look one more time.

Hopefully, with the help of Rate My Professor, the Registrar’s office, and a whole lot of research, you can finally come up with a schedule you’re happy with. And if not, don’t worry – there’s always next semester. Those 7:30am classes will be over in no time, right?

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor