This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I’ve been on a hunt to gather the best 10 minute (or less) vegan breakfast recipes and I’ve included my top four down below!

First off, Vegan French Toast! If you’re wondering how to make french toast with eggs, there are a few ways! The easiest way is to just use just egg in place of eggs. Just egg is completely vegan and it is made from mung bean– It is also great if you are making scrambled eggs or an omelette! 

Vegan Just Egg French Toast

Vegan French Toast
Original photo by Natasha Jacobson

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
  •  2 tbs just egg
  •  1 tsp of cinnamon.

Instructions

1. Mix the milk, just egg, and cinnamon in a shallow dish.

2. Coat the slices of bread evenly with the mixture.

3. Cook the slices on a greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until both sides are browned.

4. Top with desired toppings!

Vegan Chia Seed French Toast

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup of dairy-free milk
  • 1 tbs of chia seeds
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon 

Instructions

1. Mix the chia seeds, cinnamon, and mik in a shallow dish.

2. Allow the chia seeds to activate, so allow them to sit for 5-10 minutes.

3. Dip each slice of bread in the batter for about 20 seconds on each side (If your batter is too thick, thin with a bit of dairy-free milk). 

4. Top with desired toppings!

Vegan Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Original photo by Natasha Jacobson
I have always loved blueberry pancakes but let’s face it, boxed blueberry pancakes are not the same. With this recipe you can either make your own pancake batter or use a pancake mix– my favorite mix is Wheat Montana Whole Wheat pancake mix! I’ve included my favorite recipe for fluffy whole wheat blueberry pancakes down below. 

Ingredients

• 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 cup dairy-free milk
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup blueberries 

Instructions

1. Mix together flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a bowl.

2. Add the dairy-free milk, maple syrup, blueberries, and stir.

3. Let the batter sit for 5-7 minutes.

4. Lightly oil the pan or spray it with a little non-stick cooking spray, then scoop the batter into the pan in 1/4 to 1/2 cup portions.

4.Once there are a few bubbles in the middle and they look cooked around the edges, flip and cook for a couple more minutes on the other side.

5. Add blueberries and any other toppings you wish!

Vegan Churro Waffle

Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Waffle
Original photo by Natasha Jacobson

The last recipe I’ve included is made using the same batter as the pancake recipe, or you can use a vegan pancake/waffle mix. Waffle Love has a cinnamon sugar churro waffle and it’s my favorite, so I decided to make a copy-cat vegan version of it! Follow the recipe from the pancakes to make the batter and pour it into your lightly greased waffle iron. After the waffle is done cooking, I spread about half a tablespoon of vegan butter on the waffle and coat the waffle with cinnamon sugar mixture (2 tbs cinnamon, 1 tbs sugar) and voila you have your own cinnamon sugar waffle at home!

These are just a few of many vegan breakfast recipes out there and there are so many vegan alternatives now, making it easier than ever to veganize traditional recipes! What I love the most about these recipes is how quick & easy they are to make, they’re perfect for a quick breakfast before classes or for brunch with friends!

Natasha is currently working towards her Bachelor's of Science in Psychology. She plans to return to the U after graduating to obtain a second bachelor's degree in Community Health. She adores animals, music, nature, art, and spending time with her friends and family.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor