bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

WELLNESS WEDNESDAY: Ab Challenge Update

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

I’m about 20 days into the Ab Challenge that I wrote about a few weeks ago. It was going pretty well, but life has gotten a little busy and I haven’t been able to keep up as much as I would have liked. Once things get less busy, I plan on restarting the Ab Challenge. Now you’re probably thinking I’m crazy for restarting the challenge but there’s a method to my madness. Here’s why:

1.    

I was doing crunches wrong! A few days ago I noticed that 200 crunches didn’t make my body sore. Yeah, I thought it was weird too. I went searching and I found out that I had been doing crunches wrong since I learned how to do them in gym class many moons ago. I went a found a video that showed me the proper way to do crunches and instantly I felt a difference. Look at the video above and see the proper way to do a crunch. You won’t be sorry!

2.       I hate situps with a passion. Situps are a huge part of the Ab Challenge and I really don’t like them. I noticed I could do situps easier as time went on, but they’re not my strong suit. As the situps increased I found a way to make the challenge more effective to my skillset. I would deduct a certain amount of situps and add that deducted number to the leg raises or crunches. This way I was still doing about 30 sit ups a day but I focused more on crunches and leg raises because those were more targeted for the results that I wanted.

3.       I didn’t have time to go to the gym, but now I do. Ideally, I would have liked to go to the gym and get in some cardio during the challenge, but my schedule has been on the more hectic side the past few weeks. But now that it’s less hectic I can work gym time into my schedule, which is great because cardio helps burn a lot of those unwanted problem areas.

So these are the main factors that are making me want to restart the challenge from the beginning. Hopefully you understand my reasoning! The Ab Challenge is great if done properly so make sure you follow these tips to make sure you get the most effective experience. Have fun!

Photo Credit:

Hungryhealthyhappy.com 

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.