I’m Graduating, and it Hasn’t Hit Me Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As the countdown of graduation began, I didn’t realize how quickly it was coming. To my graduating seniors, we have approximately 18 days till we walk across the stage and take on the world. This is a lot to take in, and if I can be honest, I am still trying to process that I am graduating college. I am grateful that I made it this far in my academic journey, this moment is something that I need to process. 

What does everyone ask when you are about to graduate? Questions such as:

• What’s next?
  • Are you ready to graduate?
  • What are you doing after college?

These questions are in repetition as it gets closer to the graduation date. I am going to be honest. I am NOT ready. Not that I am not confident in my academic progress or my journey. The reason why I say this is because all I’ve known is school. For eighteen years (from elementary school to now) I’ve been nonstop working on my academic journey. Now that this chapter is coming to a close, what’s going to happen. 

One of the things that I am still learning is that God is in control. As I am approaching this new season, I realized that my faith needs to be improved for the future. I realized that everything that’s happening in my life is all a part of God’s plans in my life. Graduating is a door that I have been eager to open. I feel like I am stepping into a new chapter, and learning to take a leap of faith through it all. 

Has graduation hit me yet? Slowly but surely. But as it is coming upon me, I am preparing for readiness, and ready for greatness. No matter what happens to me, I am learning to trust God through it all. 

To my graduating seniors, we are almost there. We are going into the world with our stories and ready to take on our aspirations and dreams.

"Live. Learn. Grow. Go"