This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

Hey Mango Deck lovers,

The “Cabo Diet” is a common fad amongst USC students these days. Whether your thoughts are, “I have to look like Kendall Jenner when I hit beach in my bikini!” or “My body is not ready for the tables of Squid Row,” there is always an urge to do something to satisfy these needs. Nowadays, it seems as if everyone wants a “quick fix” to get to where they want to be physically; The most ridiculous question being “How can I lose fifteen pounds in two weeks.” Ladies and gents, this is not possible! It is also not healthy for your body to endure spurts of starvation, or endure dramatic changes, in order to achieve these impossible goals. Below are five tips that will help you achieve a healthier body in general, and do it the right way!

1.  Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full.

Doesn’t that seem so simple?! If you eat when you are hungry, and stop when you are full, you’re body will be getting exactly what it needs. Before you go to eat ask yourself, “Do I want food because I am HUNGRY?” or “Am I about to emotionally eat, or eat because I am bored?”

2. Eat with your less dominant hand

Sounds weird right? I don’t know about you, but the average amount of time it takes me to consume food is probably around 26.07 seconds. Over time, I developed a little trick. If you eat with your less dominant hand, you not only are helping develop muscles you don’t use very often, but you are slowing yourself down too! This way you can enjoy your food longer and give yourself time to feel your body getting full.

3. Don’t have junk food in your dorm room

If you don’t have food lying around, you are less likely to snack when you are bored. Having chips, candy, and junk food around your kitchen makes you feel like you have to snack! Instead, load your refrigerator with lots of fruits and veggies. This way you are not as tempted to snack, but if you do, it will at least be healthy.

4. At least 30 minutes of exercise per day

I wish there was a way to lose weight that didn’t involve movement, but sadly there are imperfections in this world. Working out will make you feel better and crave healthier foods. Even just a thirty minute walk will be good for your body! If you need help getting motivated, find a friend who will workout with you. You can schedule a time everyday and hold each other accountable, just like having a class.

5. Eat vegtables whenever you want

Just like this pug, I am sure veggies are not your “fav.” However, vegetables are extremely low in calories, and high in vitamins. If you snack on vegetables all day long, it will 1) Keep you busy and make you feel like you are constantly eating 2) Feed your body great nutrients 3) Virtually count as nothing because they are so low cal.

I hope this helped and gave you a few new tips that you can incorporate into your lifestyle! Always remember to love yourself and that there is a healthy way to get to where you want to be.