stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How to Feel Healthier in a Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

There are many things you can do to begin feeling and looking healthier. Follow these steps, but don’t expect any miracles!

DO: Drink a lot of water

Water can help to flush out everything in the body and it regulates the shape of every cell in your body.

DON’T: Go on a juice cleanse

Drinking just juice or water for your diet will cause mood swings and cravings. It can cause unhealthy spikes or drops in your blood sugar levels. 

DO: Be mindful of portion sizes

Plate sizes can affect how full you feel, so you really need to watch the sizing of the plates you are eating off of. 

DON’T: Ban certain foods from your diet

Once you try to cut out a certain food, you will crave it, so try not to completely cut it out. Just limit yourself and eat that certain thing less than you normally would.

DO: Be positive

You want to be happy! Only do things that you believe are right for you and try to stay positive through the process of life. 

DON’T: Expect any results after a day 

Results don’t just come after a couple of days. It takes weeks, months or even years to see results sometimes and that’s what you need to remember.

Amanda Lin is from Seattle, WA and is a Doctor of Pharmacy major at the University of Rhode Island! She is passionate about health, fashion, and food. Check out her webpage (amandanlin.com), and connect with her through Instagram at @amandanlin and @nomnomwithalin!